Monday, April 25, 2011

Music: Lucenzo - Emigrante Del Mundo (Radio Version)

I love the beat of this song, although technically I only can pick up very few words and don't  understand the lyric (until with the help of an online translator I get roughly the meaning of it) ... and then I found out... Lucenzo is singing it in French (well by reading the lyrics, of course not by being able to hear what he sang)!  I have known he sings in Portuguese, but I just realized now that he was actually born in Bordeuax, France, of Portuguese origin.

According to information on Wikipedia, "Emigrante del mundo" is the debut single that Lucenzo released in 2008. This reggaeton song quickly became a French radio hit. It reached #1 on Radio Latina and stayed in the Top Five on the station for 42 weeks. It was followed in 2009 by "Dame reggaeton", which also became a #1, as well on Radio Latina.

Interesting..... I love this song although it's not in Italian / Portuguese / English!!!



2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how shocked you were to find out he's french and singing in french , well, he's another example of an immigrant or descent of immigrants who are showing Portugal to the rest of the world with their songs. You have Nelly, Sandro G, La Harissa, Lucenzo, and others...the most interesting aspect in their music is they actually seem more patriotic about their country than the artists from Portugal.
    [版主回覆04/26/2011 20:08:00]Yes exactly!  When I first listened to this song last night, I was curious what language he was actually singing, lol. You know I have told you before that to me Portuguese and French sound quite similar, but when I searched for the lyrics I was completely shocked - it's French ! You're right.... a lot of Portuguese native singers are very partriotic, and indeed you're too --- see how much stuff about Portugal and Portuguese culture you have been introducing to bloggers and friends on your personal blogs and fb !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, well, my point is you can easily see portuguese culture elements in Sandro G's, Lucenzo's, La Harissa's songs, and even Nelly expressing her love for Portugal although she was born in Canada, while you can't see much of it in Portugal, but i guess it's because those artists i mentioned before are trying to show Portugal through their songs. Actually Anita, before i came to HK i never really gave a damn about Portugal, in fact i wanted to get out...and i almost did it...too bad i wasn't sucessful, lol
     
    [版主回覆04/27/2011 16:25:00]haha, probably you shared similar feeling with such singers as Sandro G, Lucenzo, La Harissa and Nelly too . You know what? When we are so used to something, we don't treasure it much; but when you don't have it around you, you start to miss it. For example, I don't miss wonton noodles or congees or fishballs when I'm in HK, but when I have been out of HK for some time, I started to miss them all, and whenever I see Chinese restaurants in another country, I would have very special feelings.  You were so closed to being successful in getting what you looked for when you were in HK, lol, but for certain reasons you were right in not accepting the offer you were given. You never know... maybe you'll succeed tomorrow, lol.

    ReplyDelete